Nominations for the 2023 Women of Essence Global Awards are now being accepted. All nominations must be submitted by July 31, 2022
Nomination Committee Review of Nominees: Second Week of August
Nominees Notification: First Week of September
Award Recipient Announcement: Month of October
Submit your nomination by using the Online Nomination Form. You may nominate yourself or someone can nominate you. Each nomination must include the following:
• Nominator’s Information (this is the person submitting or making the nomination)
▪ Name, address, phone number and email address
• Nominee’s Information (this is the person being nominated for the award)
▪ Name, address, phone number and email address of nominee
▪ A brief statement noting why the nominee is deserving of the particular award
▪ Background information or bio on the nominee’s outstanding service and achievements as they relate to the award. (no more than 250 words please, or the nomination may be disqualified)
▪ 2 headshot high resolution photos and another picture of choice (at least 1 photo must be in colour)
Upon completion of the nomination process, an email will be sent to the email address you (the nominator) provided; your nominee will also be notified.
• Satisfy each of the nomination criteria / description for their award category
• Consent to the nomination and also to the publication of name, photo and bio that will be featured on our website and in the annual magazine
• Be available to attend the GMEAN’s Award Ceremony (exceptions will be made, dependant upon certain circumstances)
**Nomination is based solely on nominee’s CV and supporting documentation, and NOT on the number of nominations we receive.
*** Only complete nominations will be considered
The Nomination Committee consists of members (male or female) of the community who are professionals in one or more of the awards categories; past recipients may also serve on the Committee. The Nomination Committee serves for two (2) years and must remain objective in its selection of award recipients.
If you think you would like to be a part of our Nomination Committee, please submit your application by clicking below.
Q: Who can I nominate for an award?
A: You can nominate a co-worker, a friend, a relative, a boss, an acquaintance, or yourself. As long as the individual fits the criteria outlined in one of the categories
Q: How do I nominate someone for an award?
A: Complete the online nomination form here and submit it.
Q: Are there limitations on the number of categories for an award?
A: No, each nomination is reviewed based on information provided
Q: Can I nominate myself for an award
A: Absolutely! We encourage you to do so.
Q: If I nominate an individual, will she know?
A: If the nominee asks, we will disclose who nominated her.
Q: Will nominations be allowed after the Nomination Deadline?
A: You MUST contact our office, as this will be judged on a case by case basis. We however, encourage you to submit your nominations by the deadline to avoid disappointment.
Q: Are winners based on the number of nominations received?
A: NO! The Nomination Committee is entrusted to choose winners based on their CV, upporting documentation and in relation to guidelines outlined by the GMEAN
Q: Can a male submit a nomination for someone who he feels should be a nominee?
A: Yes, absolutely! Anyone can nominate a Woman that he/she believes is a Woman of Essence.